When’s the last time you had a date night with your spouse or partner? It’s been a while, huh? Usually it’s because Saturday nights are in high demand for babysitters or you wait until the last minute to reach out. Care.com complied some reasons why you NEED a date night and at Kids Play Garden we can help. Three hours of childcare are $30 for one child from 5-9 pm. on Saturday. Call now to reserve your spot…
Here are 19 reasons to schedule a date night ASAP:
- You can’t remember the last conversation you had with your partner that wasn’t about poo.
- Your “regular” babysitter didn’t know who you were the last time you called.
- You’ve had macaroni and cheese for dinner more than three nights in a row.
- You haven’t seen any of this year’s Oscar-nominated movies — or last year’s or the year before that…
- It’s good for your kids to see you spending time together and modeling a healthy adult relationship.
- You just spent a fortune on your kid’s dance recital costume, but can’t remember the last time you bought a new top for yourself.
- You haven’t bought a new lipstick since you gave birth.
- Last time you went dancing, the Macarena was all the rage.
- When your kids fly the coop, you’re less likely to suffer from empty-nest syndrome, because you’ll already be in the habit of having fun together on your own.
- You introduced yourself to the new neighbor as “Oliver’s Mom.”
- When that new neighbor asked for a restaurant recommendation, you drew a blank.
- You have no idea what to pay a date-night babysitter
- You have trouble picturing your partner without a child slung over his shoulder.
- Talking about your hopes, fears and dreams fosters intimacy that is so easily lost in the day-to-day of having young kids.
- Having a little parent-free time can help your kids be more independent.
- Date nights can spark that “falling-in-love” feeling from the early days of your relationship.
- Studies have shown that happily married people have stronger immune systems — so less chance of getting sick.
- You’ll remember why you fell in love with each other in the first place.
- You deserve it, darn it!
So please, take some time away for Saturday night – we’re here for you.